Bicycle Master Plan
A draft of a Bicycle Master Plan for Georgetown was presented to the City Council at a workshop session on Sept. 24, 2019. The plan presents a blueprint for future transportation projects or educational efforts to support a safe and well-connected bicycle network in Georgetown.
If you would like to send comments on the draft of the Bicycle Master Plan document, please send them to BikePlan@georgetown.org. Please include your name, email, and phone number in your comments.
City of Georgetown boards or commissions will review and provide feedback on the draft plan, which is scheduled for adoption by ordinance by the City Council in November and December.
Bicycle Master Plan review schedule 2019
- September 24, 3 p.m., City Council workshop, Council and Courts Building, 510 W. Ninth Street
- October 10, 6 p.m., Parks and Recreation Board, Parks Administration Building, 1101 N. College Street
- October 11, 10 a.m., Georgetown Transportation Advisory Board, Williamson Room, Georgetown Municipal Complex, 300-1 Industrial Avenue
- October 21, 6 p.m., Georgetown Commission on Aging, Public Safety Operations and Training Center, 3500 DB Wood Road
- October 15, 6 p.m., Planning and Zoning Commission, Council and Courts Building, 510 W. Ninth Street
- October 23, 6 p.m., Public Open House, Georgetown Public Library, 402 W. Eighth Street
- November 4, 6:30 p.m., Youth Advisory Board, Teen Center at Georgetown Recreation Center, 1003 N. Austin Ave.
- November 8, 10 a.m., Recommendation from Georgetown Transportation Advisory Board, Williamson Room, Georgetown Municipal Complex, 300-1 Industrial Avenue
- November 14, 6 p.m., Presentation and recommendation from the Parks and Recreation Board, Parks and Recreation Board, Parks Administration Building, 1101 N. College Street
- November 19, 6 p.m., Presentation and recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission, Planning and Zoning Commission, Council and Courts Building, 510 W. Ninth Street
- November 26, 6 p.m., Presentation and first reading of ordinance to adopt the plan, City Council meeting, Council and Courts Building, 510 W. Ninth Street
- December 10, 6 p.m., Presentation and second reading of ordinance to adopt the plan, City Council meeting, Council and Courts Building, 510 W. Ninth Street
The City of Georgetown Public Works Department is working with graduate students from The University of Texas at Austin to create a Bicycle Master Plan for Georgetown. The plan will serve as a blueprint for potential cycling transportation enhancements in the future. As part of the process, the City hosted two community workshops in 2018.
Dec. 4, 2018 Community Workshop
At the Dec. 4, 2018 workshop, the project team presented a proposed bicycle network including varying levels of bicycle facilities, as well as an implementation plan based on input from the first community workshop on Oct. 11., 2018
- Vision and Goals
- Strength, weakness, opportunities and threat analysis
- Proposed bicycle network: downtown
- Proposed bicycle network
- Bicycle network: prioritized segments
- Types of proposed bike lanes
- Key improvements
- Future bicycle design: downtown streets
- Future bicycle design: minor and collector streets
- Existing conditions
- Project timeline
- Key improvements (1)
- Key improvements (2)
- Bicycle network concept map
- Implementation strategy
Oct. 11, 2018 Community Workshop
The City hosted a community workshop on Oct. 11, 2018 to get feedback from the community about existing conditions and types of cycling activity in the City.