Austin Avenue Corridor Study
CAMPO and the City of Georgetown are conducting the Austin Avenue Corridor Study to consider transportation needs and develop a vision and recommendations for areas between Southeast Inner Loop and Northeast Inner Loop. The study will include transportation recommendations that consider various transportation modes such as driving, walking, and biking, and also consider land use recommendations and placemaking opportunities.
Along with the transportation recommendations, the study will build upon existing local and regional plans, guide recommendations for the City’s Downtown Master Plan Update and Future Mobility Plan, and be incorporated into CAMPO’s Long-range Regional Transportation Plan.
Study Goals and Objectives
- Further the goals and priorities of local and regional plans
- Enhance multimodal movement, operations, and safety
- Enhance the corridor character and pedestrian realm experience
- Support economic development along the corridor
Public input opportunities
Community input is a key part of this study and public comment opportunities will take place throughout the duration of the study. The Study was introduced at the City of Georgetown’s State of the City event in early 2023, and public input opportunities included the City’s Red Poppy Festival in Spring 2023, the Gather Round Georgetown Project Expo in August 2023, small group meeting with key stakeholders, and at a project expo during the Art Stroll in October 2023. A third public meeting is planned for early 2024.
Click here to view the materials shared at the Art Stroll in October 2023.
CAMPO and the City have developed preliminary improvement concepts through community input and technical evaluations such as existing and future connections along the corridor, travel patterns, traffic counts, and land uses. CAMPO and the City expect to have draft recommendations to share with the community in early 2024.
- Spring 2023 – Assess Current and Future Conditions
- Summer/Fall 2023 – Develop Concept Plan, Public Meeting
- Winter 2023/2024 – Draft Recommendations, Project Prioritization, Public Meeting – WE ARE HERE
- Spring 2024 – Final Report and Implementation Plan, Public Meeting
For information on the Study’s implementation, contact Nat Waggoner. For information on the Study process, contact Will Lisska, Regional Planning Manager at CAMPO.
City of Georgetown Contact:
For more information on the project and ways to participate, please visit the CAMPO webpage here.